7.01.2011

Canada Day Sangria


Happy Birthday Canada. To celebrate our fair country (and girls' night with my friend Jen), I wanted to incorporate red + white. And - because I'm that kinda girl - I figured what better way than with wine?


To create the citrusy-white wine sangria and berry-infused red sangria I had envisioned, I thumbed through a few of my favourite sangria "recipes." None of them sounded just right so I started throwing things together myself. They turned out so deliciously that I decided to share them with you (plus, this way I will remember how to make them again)! Cheers!


citrus-inspired white wine sangria


Ingredients
1 bottle of light/ crisp white wine (we used Barefoot Pinot Grigio)
citrus fruits, cut up (we used 3 oranges, 2 peaches, 1 nectarine, and a quarter of a lemon)
1 can of orange mango juice
1 bottle of lemonade
splash of vodka
splash of sprite

combine all ingredients in a large pitcher (or a large bowl) and chill in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. pour in a red wine glass. drink until its gone, get a spoon, and keep going.


berry-infused red wine sangria


Ingredients
1 bottle of fruity red wine (we used Barefoot Zinfandel)
berries (we used strawberries, raspberries, and watermelon)
blueberry pomegranate juice
splash orange brandy
splash of ginger ale

combine all ingredients, chill in the fridge for as long as you can contain yourself from drinking it. enjoy!


What is your favourite sangria recipe?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, those both look too good to be true. I drank some really delicious sangria in Barcelona but those two look delicious!! Can't wait to indulge with you all Summer long.

My mouth is watering as I type..

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Sounds great. Cheers !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...