7.27.2011

Emilie + Daryl: Hey Wedding!

I am thrilled that I have the opportunity to share this stunning wedding with you. The bride and I went to elementary school together and - thanks to the power of the Internet - we have reconnected over the past few years. The time spent hearing all about her special day has been to my absolute delight; it is inspiring to hear about a couple so in love. Although I haven't yet met Daryl, I hold him in high regards for his taste in suits, music, and women. I wish you a lifetime of love & laughter, E & D.


Emilie and Daryl were married on February 12, 2011, at the historic Vancouver Club. Their wedding was captured by Karolina Turek.


The bride was impeccably adorned, donning a timeless pair of Louboutins and a stunning Enzoani sash (although, Daryl affectionately referred to the latter as her fanny pack).


Emilie loves white flowers and neutral palettes so this was the natural starting point when it came to style and decor. Wedding Design Studio assembled the bridal party's classic bouquets (white/ivory roses, hydrangea, freesia, baby's breath and leafy greens) and the venue's decor.


Emilie put her bridesmaids to work: "It actually took 5 people to get my dress on properly." Their gorgeous dresses are Melissa Sweet. Emilie's mum Jacquie was equally beautiful in her black and white number.


I love the way Emilie describes Daryl and his groomsmen: "Daryl likes his suits quite tailored so the guys all had custom suits made. His vision was definitely Mad Men inspired and I love a man in a good suit and John Hamm's pretty dreamy. We bought the groomsmen black silk pocket squares and black bow ties. It was so cute when they all had to get YouTube up on the iPhones to learn how to tie a bow tie because I didn't get the pre-tied ones. I thought everyone should just wear their own black shoes and belts so that it wasn't super matchy-matchy. Daryl and each of his groomsmen looked so amazing and handsome, I was extremely impressed."


Their style matches the vintage-feel of the venue and the classic neutral palette, perfectly.


I absolutely love this photo of Emilie and her dad, Gavin, just as much as I love the caption that comes with it: "My dad actually told me to 'get it together' because I was so close to tears!" Adorable.


This wedding was full of beautiful people.


Mad Men, Beautiful Bridesmaids, and the Happy Couple.


This is another one of my favourites. Très chic.


First dance as husband & wifey.


Father-Daughter & Mother-Son Dances. So sweet.


Although Wedding Design Studio beautified the room the day of the wedding, Emilie decided to design her own vases: "I decided to make my own mercury glass vases after learning that buying or renting mercury glass vases was going to cost me half almost 5 months salary. I sourced out Krylon "Looking Glass Paint" (really important you don't just use chrome paint because it doesn't give the same result) and went to five or six Value Villages around the Lower Mainland and bought out like 60 various shapes of glass vases. My MOH Amanda and bridesmaids Jessica and Karleigh helped me spray them one rainy fall afternoon and I'll just say we all kind of enjoyed the sensation we got after a few hours holed up in a garage with the spray cans... They turned out pretty good I think!"


Emilie was also kind enough to provide a few schedule details: "Since our wedding ceremony and reception were both held at the same venue we decided to have a 430pm ceremony followed by a cocktail hour with hot and cold canapes in a separate room at which time the bridal party took group photos. I LOVED having the ceremony/reception in the same venue and I think many of our guests enjoyed it too. The Vancouver Club facilitated such a smooth transition from room to room and everything went really well while we were off taking pictures. At about 6:45 our guests were directed to come into the ballroom where Daryl and I greeted everyone as they came into the room. I decided to do that as oppose to a receiving line right after the ceremony." I love this idea.

Advice to other brides-to-be? "Everyone say's this, but it's so important - don't stress so much! People get so carried away with wedding planning and often forget what the purpose of the day is. I'm really happy that we planned a great party in under 10 months and were still madly in love after the day was over. There were times when I felt a lot of pressure so I think I handled it pretty well."

Favourite part of your wedding? "The speeches were absolutely my favorite part of the wedding. I mean, everyone loves to hear their closest friends and family say nice things about them and ours did just that. The caliber of speakers was top notch; they all turned into comedians! I guess we gave them quite a bit of content over the years to help make their speeches funny to say the least. My dad's speech was so touching, I cried pretty much the whole time he was up there."


To summarize their special day, Emilie put it perfectly: "We had so many people tell us they had a great time and so in my mind, everything was absolutely perfect. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better day."


Congratulations, again, Emilie & Daryl.



Vendors

Letterpress Invitations: printed by Black Stone Press / Photobooth: Photobooth Vancouver (see some photobooth photos from their wedding here) / Flowers & Decor: Wedding Design Studio / Venue & Catering: Vancouver Club / Honeymoon Suite: Fairmont Pacific Rim / Bridesmaid Dresses: Melissa Sweet (in Dove Grey) / Photography: Karolina Turek
Videography: Blue Pencil Productions / Make Up: Sarah Parkes (of M.A.C.) / Hair: Lucy O'Neill & Brie Barker / Musicians: Renee & Stephan Bulat / Marriage Commissioner: Maureen Hunter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...