2.08.2012

DIY Hearts.


In the spirit of Valentine's day, I thought I'd share a few of my favourite heart-themed DIY project ideas.

{1} I haven't used crayon shavings + wax paper to create the look of stained glass since grade school; however, I love the idea of making art that is so simple yet so pretty.

{2} This beauty has been on my "to craft" list ever since Kristina posted it back in 2009. I guess I could say I've been collecting corks ever since... maybe it's time to do something with them?

{3} I was recently gifted a sewing machine (thanks Grandma!) and I am looking for simple yet inspiring projects to get me back into practice. Enter: the purl bee's tutorial. I plan on attempting a few cards this weekend with some of the leftover fabric scraps I have (from Lyla's Up-inspired bunting)!

Is there any Valentine-inspired art on your agenda?



(Images and tutorials courtesy of Martha Stewart, Lovely Morning via 100 Layer Cake, and the Purl Bee).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love hearts all year round I've got to say.

Coquitlam Davie Flowers said...

Really cute! Simple and nice colour combination! Love it.

Mona Cabinets said...

I love hearts too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...