3.30.2010

It's raining, it's pouring...

Although you would be hard pressed to find a bride hoping for rain on her wedding day, sometimes nature happens. To err on the side of caution, Spring brides are often encouraged to have back up plan after back up plan and to have an umbrella handy.

In the spirit of Spring showers (& not to mention my affinity for rain - yes, I am a Westcoast girl), I wanted to highlight some of the weddings that have used umbrellas in a practical-yet-stylish fashion. After all, if an umbrella is going to be in your wedding shots, you may as well have some fun with it.

Don't they make you want a vintage style parasol?

{Photo by Steven Myers via Once Wed}

{Photo by Lisa Kae via Pearls Events}

{Photo by Braedon Photography via Once Wed}

{Photo by EVS Media via Once Wed}

{Photo by Jonathan Ong via Polka Dot Bride}

. . .

I really enjoy the following use of umbrellas in event decor: a perfect (& quite literal) option for a shower.

{Photos via Amorology Weddings}

5 comments:

postcards and pretties said...

i love those umbrellas used by amorology ...what a great way to add pops of color

BridalHood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Van & Shi said...

oh.em.gee! that first one! get OUT!!!!
those cowboy boots are FEIRCE!!!! lol
but I love.dem.all!!!!
thanks & keep on postin' =)
savanna.lee

BridalHood said...

I definitely hoping for a sunshine day for our wedding but some of my favorite wedding shots have been in the rain - I posted my fav on my blog. http://bridalhood.blogspot.com/2009/11/real-wedding-rain.html

Courtney said...

Aw, I'm glad you all like these umbrella-toting brides. I completely agree - not something you want to plan for but often times inevitable (especially where I live)!

bridalhood: that wedding was fantastic. Thank you for the link. I'm in love with the brides' bare feet and the photography.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...