10.30.2012

Our Wedding: the invitations.



Ben & I decided early on that we wanted our wedding invitations to be unique, personalized, and fun. We quickly set to work on the content, editing his version and my version together to create our story. When it came time to design the invitation I looked to one of my favourite people - Jessica Luch - who also happens to be a creative genius and a graphic designer. I provided Jess with a few pieces of inspiration and asked that it resemble an artistic poster; what she came up with was more than I could have ever imagined. 

Jess linked me up with Manna of Modus Paperie & Press in Vancouver who printed our invitations by letterpress. The beauty of letterpress is that each invitation is hand-printed and therefore unique which is such a special touch.  

The personalization of the envelopes and the postage was a labour of love. After ordering this stamp (by Elise) I knew I had to incorporate it into our invites. Together my bridesmaid Jillian and I shared a bottle of wine and had a ball scripting personalized messages for the envelopes. It was a fun & unexpected way of incorporating personality into our invites. This gorgeous postage stamp featuring Smoothly She Shifted by Canadian artist Joe Fafard was the final touch, tying together our eclectic black and white motif. 

I'm so proud of our invitations and how they became a conversation piece and a true representation of Ben + me. The feedback we received from our guests was overwhelming. We have one framed in our room; they are literally a work of art. 








(invitations designed by Jessica Luch and printed by Modus Paperie & Press. top + bottom photos by Adrian Photography; center photos processed with Instagram). 

4 comments:

sarahbouch said...

I love love love these invitations! I have mine tucked away for safe keeping :)

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

So stylish. Love the stamps too and the whole b/w theme.

Jennifer said...

They are the best.

Angela Turner said...

Top 5 pieces of mail I ever received.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...