The design of the centerpiece vases was inspired by the girls of Bash, Please (I spotted them on one of their Instagram feeds and was immediately smitten). I intended to dip-paint them; however, after contemplating logistics, cost, and other details (drips being one) I decided to pick up a cart of my favourite Martha paint and start sponging. The vases were all thrifted and gifted.
I used painter's tape to make a clean line about 1/3 of the way up the vase and applied 2 coats of paint on the bottom portion. This method worked well but I must note that the lines aren't perfect (in case perfection is what you're going for). All vases have been painted and my next task is to cure the vases in the oven so they can we washed (even in the dishwasher) without chipping and/or bubbling. 350 degrees for 30 minutes does the trick!
As our total number of tables remains to be determined, I've made extra. Truth be told I'm secretly looking forward to being able to keep a couple for myself.
I'm still on the hunt for cotton lace (and taking any and all sourcing suggestions) so I can finish our table runners. I'm currently stalled, half-completed, and this is a project I'd love to complete in full a.s.a.p.
I have a pile of wood sitting in my dad's backyard that was saved to be repurposed for a wedding-related project. My new belt sander, a can of black-brown stain, and a few nails are going to come in handy for this one. More details to come...
1, 2, 3... Go!