10.03.2011

Thanksgiving Centerpieces

I can't believe it's already October and that thanksgiving is this coming weekend. In an attempt to fall-ify our home, I've compiled a selection of simple, cost effective, decorating techniques in traditional and monochromatic palettes.

First up: the "traditional" thanksgiving tablescape. You can't get more thanksgiving than a palette of red, yellow, orange, and gold. That being said, when I think about these colours I am immediately taken back to elementary school crafts and fake craft store leaves. Enter: Pinterest and its plethora of DIY ideas. Dried, real, leaves in bud vases or shot glasses? A pumpkin as a vase? A table full of Mason jar candle holders? Yes, please.


I love white pumpkins. Since discovering them several years ago, I eagerly await fall so I can adorn my house with them. Who needs to wait for Halloween, I say; let your white pumpkins celebrate thanksgiving, too!



If you're still looking for some inspiration, visit the HG TV website, Martha, and Hostess with the Mostess.

How do you decorate for thanksgiving?



photo credits:

Traditional Colour Palate: 1, 2, 3, & 4.
Neutral Colour Palate: 1 (via), 2, 3, & 4.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...