10.30.2011

embrace your inner fool.


I must learn to love the fool in me - the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool.
Theodore I. Rubin, MD


When I read this quote (shared by Joanna) it really resonated with me. Today and every day, I hope you are reminded to embrace your inner fool.


What is your favourite quote?



(Quote via A Cup of Joe. Photo of my un-pedicured feet in the Pacific Ocean, moments before B & I got engaged).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...