4.06.2009

Pretty Hair Pieces

One of my current favorite bridal style trends is the hair piece. Today's Brides have the choice of pearls, flowers, feathers, & bows to add both style and personality to an updo or a veil.

This pretty flower by oh my deer completes the bride's messy updo, perfectly.
{Once Wed}


I adore these lovely yet understated pieces found on etsy. The effect a single pin can have on an updo is just striking. What's more, these pretty pieces are very reasonable; the cost-conscious bride does not have to sacrifice style.

{Clockwise from top left: freshwater pearl and copper wire hair pins, $16; Lotus Flower, $11; Set Of 6 Swarovski Pearl And Crystal Rondelle Hairpins, $22.99; Clay Gardenia flower, $12.50}


Both simple & stunning, a single hairpin can complete a bride's look.

I am also excited to see bridal parties using hair pieces as bold ways of expressing style. Although real flowers are very often used, I like the idea of faux floral pieces as these can be used again and again to update any outfit.

{Brides}

I know this look isn't for every bride.

What are your thoughts?

11 comments:

Christina said...

can i wear them if i'm not getting married :) ?

Callie Grayson said...

love the pearls on the ends of the bobby pins!! i would wear them always, they are so pretty.

A "cheery" disposition said...

I love that brides are wearing flower head pieces instead of veils. I am a huge fan of this look.

Blair Friedeman said...

I love the small little hair embellishments! That lotus flowers is beautiful.

Aline said...

I love all of these

Gabrielle said...

i love that first hair style *steals image for inspiration*

x from

Gabrielle

Piper Jacquelyn said...

A friend of mine is getting married next year and wants to do flower accents in all our hair, and I can't wait!

Courtney said...

These are all beautiful! I wore real gardenias in my hair, but it would have been nice to have faux flowers that I could have worn again!

Callie Grayson said...

just tagged you on my blog!

georgia b. said...

oh, i love these. they are so my style. my veil was just a piece of sheer cloth attached to the back of a simple white wreath of roses {not real, of course.} i think adding these touches in the hair on the wedding day or any day is perfect for the right person—i guess not everyone can or wants to pull it off.

thanks for stopping by my blog. i'm glad you did so that i could discover yours—which i will now follow as well. i think you will be a great resource for me, as i plan to start my own custom wedding invitation design business.

have a great day!

Candi said...

Love it! My cousin wore her hair up and off to the side when she got married and had a beautiful orchid. It was gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...