1.24.2011

Ashely and Mike, a Victoria Wedding

I'm thrilled to feature this stunning Victoria wedding, captured so brilliantly by the talented Georgie Wilson. (The glowing bride just happens to be my second-cousin Ashely). I was so impressed with the vintage and romantic affair that she pulled together I just had to share it. A big thank you to Ashley for providing commentary for these lovely photos.


The dress. This dress has a beautiful story. Ashely donned the same dress that was worn by her mother and her grandmother on their wedding days. Ashely had the dress altered to incorporate her own personal style but maintain the original elegance. I think the end result was perfect.

The wedding date chosen by the couple is also special. Ashely describes the significance of the date: My husband and I decided to be married on, what would be, my grandparents 50th anniversary. I was honoured to not only to be the third generation to wear my grandmothers dress but to also share the same anniversary date as my grandparents.


The bridesmaids wore three different styles of Jasmine Bridal dresses. I love how the white bouquets pop against the navy palette.


Their ceremony was held at St. Ann's Academy, a National Historic Site. Isn't it a gorgeous venue?


These post vow shots are adorable. I love the one on the right!


Ashely and Mike with Ashely's Grandma Pat who was the first to wear this special dress. One of my very favourite photos.


I just adore the vintage Hollywood feel of this photo. Timeless beauty.


The flowers were assembled by the Maid of Honour's mum, and the bride's "second mother," Cathy. She did a lovely job.


White umbrellas add to the vintage glamour of this day. They are so pretty against the rustic red of the building.


Cheers to girlfriends.


Ashely found these adorable flats on sale at Aldo for - wait for it - $16!


I love these shots of Mike & Ashely.


The reception was held at the stunning Fireside Grill.


Ashely planned the entire day herself and set out to leave the guests remembering an intimate and romantic evening. She accomplished this by incorporating vintage elements like the typewriter that guests typed well wishes on and family wedding photos (that's Ashely's Grandparents, George and Pat, on their wedding day 50 years ago to the day).


The treat table consisted of cupcakes from Pink Sugar Cupcakes and and Norwegian desserts made with love by Ashely's and my Grandmas.


My Grandma and Grandpa at the reception. Aren't they adorable?


I love how Ashely describes their first dance: Our first dance as husband and wife was a blast. We took dance lessons together for a few month prior to the wedding and learned a routine to our song. The song we picked fit us perfectly- "I love you five times" by The Darkness (a British rock band).



I have to thank Ashely and Mike for sharing their special day with us. It is clear that their guests were treated to a very special evening that embodied the couple's style to a T.

Congratulations & love to you both!




Wedding Honour Role:

Photography: Georgie Wilson Photography
Ceremony Venue: St. Ann's Academy
Reception Venue: Fireside Grill
Catering: Provided by Fireside Grill
Flowers: Assembled by the bride's "second mother" Cathy (who also happens to be the mother of the bride's best friend and Maid of Honour, Sarah)
Hair: Licorice for Hair
Makeup: Melanie Baird
Bride's Gown: a redesigned vintage gown worn by the bride's mother and grandmother
Shoes: $16 on sale at Aldo!
Bridal Party Dresses: Jasmine Bridal
Groom & Groomsmen Attire: Black and White pin stripe suits from Black and Lee Tuxedos
Desserts: Cupcakes from Pink Sugar Cupcakes and Norwegian desserts provided by the Bride's grandmother and great aunt.
Music: The couple co-ordinated their own music with a laptop and their own speakers.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Ashely you are beautiful <3

Jennifer said...

I am all tears right now. Ashley, once again, what a beautiful wedding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...