7.23.2012

wedding projects [four] + [five]: table numbers + photo booth backdrop

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to enlist the help of my crafty friends Sarah and Amber to complete two wedding projects. We crossed “table numbers” and “photo booth backdrop” off the to do list while sipping on watermelon mojitos (my new favourite summer cocktail) in the Kamloops sunshine. I’m so pleased with the results and would love to share the details with you. 





details [table numbers]:

Although I initially received a few funny looks when I uttered the words "string art," my helpers were good sports and followed suit. We started with 2x6 lumber that we (literally, I mean “we”: it was a group effort) cut into pieces approximately 9 inches in length. The wood was then sanded and stained “ebony.”

We printed off each number in Gill Sans Ultra Bold font, placed the paper on top of the wood, and hammered nails along the outline. The paper was ripped off, leaving a nail ‘skeleton’ that we wove the yarn around, creating a 3D number. They turned out so nicely and I love how each one looks like a piece of modern art.

details [photo booth backdrop]:

Sarah, Amber, and I had a great time at the fabric store, throwing bolts of clearance fabric and remnants around to compile a palette of colour and texture that was just right. As fate would have it, our selections paired together perfectly; I don't think I could have envisioned a better final outcome. I'm also rather pleased to say I had no part in the assembly of this project: kudos goes to Sarah and Amber for their fabulous cutting, ripping, and knotting skills. Bravo, ladies: you are welcome back for craft time at your earliest convenience.

up next:

The table runners are finally finished (expect a post later this week) and I've completed a couple of smaller, fun projects that I'll share shortly. I also haven't posted the progress on the "string globes" that three-fifths of my bridal party helped me with last month.

The last big wedding project is the menu board; however, it is 'on hold' until I can transport the pile of salvaged wood from its current home in Delta at my dad's place to my house in Kamloops.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5... Go!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...