11.10.2011

(pause)


Life feels like it is coming at me full-throttle right now. I have a new job, my fiancĂ© and I appear to have opposing schedules (which will have kept us in different cities for the better part of a month), I’ve been sweating, stretching, and attempting to become a runner again (left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot…), and I am eagerly trying to organize this house in preparation of the busy holiday season ahead.

Although it can be overwhelming at times, it all seems insignificant. I’ve recently been reminded of how precious this gift we call life is. A close and beautiful friend of mine recently lost her amazing husband in an accident. There are no words to describe something like this. Instead, there is support and love and hugs and tears and laughs and wine and encouragement to share with each other and reminders to incorporate this behaviour into your “every day.”

Tomorrow we celebrate Remembrance Day, a day of memorial to remember those who have died in the line of duty. We observe this holiday on the eleventh day of the eleventh month at the eleventh hour and, this year, in the eleventh year. 11.11.11.

Today, tomorrow, and every day thereafter, make it a daily practice to tell the important people in your life that you love them.

Where there is love, there is life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...