3.09.2009

International Women's Day

OK, I'm a day late.

International Women's Day was officially yesterday, however I wanted to use this month as an excuse to thank the fearless females before me that have paved the way for women's rights and equality.
Don't get me wrong, I know we still have a ways to go. That being said, I think it's so important to look at how far we've come.

{Google Reader via We heart it}

Thank you, thank you, thank you. We'll forever be grateful.

Today [& every day] I tip my hat, salute, bow, and curtsy in acknowledgement of the women in my life that support me professionally and personally.
I am who I am because of you.


Cheers to mothers, sisters, grandmothers, girlfriends, aunts,
women & girls everywhere.

Rock on Sisters.
xo.

5 comments:

Christina said...

great post! this is the first i've heard of an international women's day...the first photo is pretty powerful.

Blair Friedeman said...

I didn't know about it either! What lovely photos and truly wonderful sentiment!

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

when i was younger, a lot of the teachers in the school were female and on international women's day, all teachers get the afternoon off & school closes, for that reason i've always remembered the date! :)

i celebrated by eating a large bar of chocolate! xx

Courtney said...

Tina: what an awesome story. You went to a very cool school; they should all celebrate women's day in that fashion. {Everyone remembers holidays wherein they receive time off}. I'm glad you enjoyed your chocolate!

Happy women's day, ladies.

Callie Grayson said...

well said!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...